For me that author is Scott Westerfeld, a man who specializes in young adult sci-fi literature, he never crosses the same sub-genre twice and yet is just as amazing in his space opera as he is in his steam punk tribute to history. Hence it has become my goal, nay, my resolution, to collect all his novels for my personal library by the release of the finale to his Leviathan trilogy on September 20. I have been trolling (Trawling? Like Scott-la himself I am unsure of the actual word) used bookstores and garage sales for all *does mental headcount* sixteen novels plus a tag along and a future tag along planned. And now after a six month treasure hunt I have reached.....
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meaning I have
Am I a book geek in the highest degree...yes, indeed I am. Do I need a life or at least a boyfriend...probably, (See last post, it could have been written for me*) But do I get more joy out of a good book than others get from mind rotting crap like True Blood, Secret Life of the American Teenager, and all current Nickelodeon shows, and yes I am looking at you Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents honestly how the hell are you still on the air?! Any who, it's not my fault the Westerfeld novels are each more brilliantly created then the last, blame Scott-la and all other writers of his caliber that I choose to waste me life hunting down good reads as opposed to wasting it getting fat and stupid on my couch. I have exactly three months to finish my quest, so I must leave you all (well you two) and get back to work.
Arrivederci!
*Still trying to find your name, not trying to take your thing, honest
No comments:
Post a Comment