Friday, May 6, 2011

April, month of Tropicana and Halls

Lately I have gotten sick...a lot. A cold, then the flu, and then another (much worse) cold resulting in a mild case of tonsilitis, all in less than a month. (germs, this means war!) Yeah my family looked like this lovely gentleman pictured below, and my mom is planning on our third post-illness deep-cleanse (That means cleaning everything in the whole house, clothes, sheets, floor, carpets, you name it.)
So why did I get sick so much? Do I some sort of immunodeficency? Well no, my immune system is actually  fabulous, it kicks arse and takes names of all those sucker viruses and bacteria that dare enter within a ten foot radius. All because my mother let me eat mudpies as a child.

*Yes children Follow these four tips and you too can be disease free for most of you teenage and adult life.
One: If you're a girl,Make a male friend, boys (except my male buds who feel the need to shower three times a day) have an aversion to soap and water until some girl says they smell. This typically doesn't happen until age 15 or beyond so they will train you little white blood cells to fend off the scariest stuff known to kids. Including, but not limited too, the sniffles, the tummy ache, the sneezies and of course, the dreaded cooties. If you are a boy, keep it up.
Two: Double dip, honestly do it, take that chip dip it, bite it then plunge it back for more.
Three: Skineed knees and elbows are your friend. There is not a single shread of original tissue left on any of my limb joints.
Four: screw the ten second rule, eat that cheerio! Devour that chocolate! It's worth the risk!

I know what you are thinking, no wonder she got sick! Well wrong, like I said I usually don't get sick. However last month I was forced to break the ultimate rule of hygiene and venture into a germ ridden hot bed.
A hospital. (insert dramatic music)
I caught everything from the local hospital due to a close family member's extended stay during April and  going to visithim almost everyday. So here's the moral of the story. Unless you're actually sick yourself or you work there AVOID THE HOSPITAL LIKE THE FREAKING PLAUGE (pun fully intended) Because I don't know about you, but trying to explain to your proffesors that you need make up assignments again, is not a good way to get your nessacary arse-kissin' credits, which all college students know, are a nessecity.
One last thing, Tropicana and Halls were my best friends this month, so thank you.
*you all think I'm cracked in the attic, but in all honesty it's true, the more germs your immune system fights off the stronger it gets. Also I have nothing against hospitals, they do there best, but they can only get so much not matter how thorough they are, and face it, they can't have a janitor dissinfecting everyone who comes through the front doors.

2 comments:

  1. I owe my immune system to you, your family, and their double-dipping ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join us, we are a cult of double dippers.

    ReplyDelete